07 January 2008

Siegfried's Horn Call by Annamia Eriksson




This video shows Annamia Eriksson playing Siegfried's horn call (from the opera Siegfried). This horn call wakes up Fafner, the dragon. The video is part of a promo for a production of the Ring at the Royal Swedish Opera. Annamia Eriksson plays the part very well, with rich nuances.

I like these kind of promotional stunts from opera companies. It is surprisingly few that show creative powers to reach out to the audience (and potential audience). Wake up, lads - it's 2008.



You can read more about Annamia Eriksson at Kammarensemblen.com.
A English horn solo from Tristan und Isolde can be heard in this clip

Back to the main page: Wagner Opera

5 comments:

DafTak said...

The way you play Siegfried's horn call is absolutely perfect - amazing, you are definitely excellent. I am using your video for a Wagner presentation I am doing for my MA. Well done, you certainly make Wagner proud, if not music.
Dafni

Anonymous said...

I have never heard a song more flawlessly played. It will take me at least three months to get even two thirds that good! You convinced me to try it. Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

I lied. It's been four months and I'm still not there.

Anonymous said...

That was the most powerful 'horn' every experienced. I'm simply put into such a state that nearly each note brings chills and tears to the eyes.

Tusind tak fra Montana

Salvatore c Sorbello said...

Since hearing Annamia play the horn call i have gotten into a concert band and am now playing and preforming, It has been 30 years since i picked up my horn. I passed an audition playing the horn call to get into a music conservatory, i chose business instead. Her playing has brougt joy back into my life thank you