21 December 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Wagneropera.net

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all readers of this blog and Wagneropera.net! Thank you very much for contributions, corrections, suggestions and new friendships! I hope to be back next year with more exciting interviews and background information and develop the site further, hoping that it will be unavoidable for all Wagnerians.

This big hit in 2008 was no doubt the Wagnerians Recommend Wagner Project, which increased the number of visitors with 500%.

The keywords visitors used to enter the site was (most frequent first):

  1. wagner opera
  2. katharina wagner
  3. stefan herheim
  4. waltraud meier
  5. johanna meier
  6. wagneropera.net
  7. kwangchul youn
  8. siegfried horn call
  9. irene theorin
  10. christopher ventris

This shows clearly that the old myth saying that visitors enter your site via the front page is dead and buried. So if you make your web site ignoring this fact, you loose a lot of traffic. If your web site is a business site, you will gradually lose to your competitors having understood the importance of search engines.

I would especially like to wish Wagneropera.net's ONLY visitor in Nepal, Nigeria, Tanzania, Greenland and Tunisia a Merry Christmas (if he or she celebrates Christmas there) and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Njarnjas said...

Since I have been following your blog for some time, I find it very interesting and informative, so I wish you beautiful and very successful future with it. Thank you for your nice wishes for Christmas and New Year. What brought me to your blog is Waltraud Meier, whom I adore. I myself have a Serbian blog about opera (I've made it recently - this September), and my favorite issue (there and everywhere) is Wagner. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas n Happy New Year