- 'Wagner's Spatial Style' by Christopher Wintle
- ' "This Round of Songs": Cyclic Coherence in the Wesendonck Lieder' by Malcolm Miller
- 'From Wagner to Boulez: a Modernist Trajectory' by Arnold Whittall
- A report on the reopened Wahnfried and new archives in Bayreuth by Barry Millington
Plus reviews of:
- the Ring and new Tristan at Bayreuth, the Ring in Vienna, Parsifal in Karlsruhe, Birmingham and Wuppertal, Tristan at Longborough, Die Meistersinger in Mainz, Lohengrin in Pforzheim and Tannhäuser in Tallinn
- the new Overture Opera Guide to Die Meistersinger, ed. Gary Kahn, Mark Berry's After Wagner: Histories of Modernist Music Drama from 'Parsifal' to Nono, and Matthew Bribitzer-Stull's Understanding the Leitmotif: From Wagner to Hollywood Film Music
The issue is in part a tribute to Wagner Journal editorial board member Prof. Arnold Whittall who celebrates his 80th birthday in November 2015.