The November 2017 Wagner Journal (vol.11, no.3) is out. It contains the following feature articles:
- 'Mahler's Parsifal' by Anna Stoll Knecht
- 'The Volk That Wagner Loved to Hate: A Reply to Derek Hughes' by Barry Emslie
- 'Mariano Fortuny and His Wagnerian Designs' by Wendy Ligon Smith
- Barrie Kosky's Die Meistersinger and Uwe Eric Laufenberg's Parsifal at Bayreuth, Dietrich W. Hilsdorf's Rheingold and Thorleifur Örn Arnarsson's Siegfried in Karlsruhe, Romeo Castellucci's Tannhäuser in Munich, August Everding's Der fliegende Holländer at the Met and Christian Spuck's Holländer in Berlin.
- DVD of 'The Becoming of the Mannheim Ring'
- CDs of Hans Knappertsbusch's pioneering 1950–51 Meistersinger with Paul Schöffler as Hans Sachs, Mark Elder's new Lohengrin with Klaus Florian Vogt in the title role, compilations of Ticho Parly and Johan Botha, the Symphonies in C and E major under Jun Märkl, Declarations of Love (piano works and songs by Wagner for Mathilde Wesendonck and Cosima Wagner) and piano music by Liszt and Wagner played by Imogen Cooper.
- The Richard Wagner Sämtliche Werke (31 vols) and Christopher Fifield's new edition of Hans Richter
More here: The Wagner Journal